Why Should I Donate Blood?
Why should you donate blood? Because:
- Every 2 seconds someone in the US needs blood, maybe someone you know and love.
- Every pint can save 3 lives because a pint can be separated into 3 parts: plasma, red blood cells, & platelets.
- Blood can be used to help cancer patients, burn survivors, and those injured in accidents.
- Less than 38% of the eligible population donate blood.
- Since 2007, Mountaineers have impacted over 23,256 lives by donating at the Homecoming Blood Drive, including the lives of the Mountaineers who share their stories below...
Karson Collins, Class of '15
J.J. Brown and Chancellor Peacock's Story
Blair Marini, Class of 2014
Caroline Strother, Class of 2015
Andy Decker, Class of 2013